Flying Start provides the following activities:
• Early play and learning to help improve speaking and listening skills, social skills and early numeracy skills.
• Parenting Groups- we use 2 programmes Family Links and Webster Stratton. These groups can help with parenting as well as supporting families where the child’s behaviour maybe a concern.
• Baby Clubs provide both health information and early play and learning opportunities for parents with a baby under one. These groups may include information on infant massage, weaning, safety in the home and feeding. A Health Professional is often available for information and can weigh babies during the session.
• Sunshine Seekers is a support group for parents with post natal depression.
• Breastfeeding Support Groups provide peer advice and support with Breastfeeding.
• Ante Natal Support for Teenage Parents to be.
• Multiple Births Groups for parents with twins or triplets.
• Speech and Language Support for children with language delay. This could be 1 to 1’s or group support.
• Breakfast Clubs/ Lunch Clubs for parents who want information on healthy eating and cooking skills.
Senior Citizens’ Hall